Monday 13 June 2011

Day 69

Have I played up today!!!

Dad has been so patient - he pops the food on the glove and taps it - and waits - and waits - and waits!!

Then in a gentle voice its Polly - come on Polly!

And what do I do? Sit there and look at him as though hes speaking in a foreign language!!! Poor dad

But he doesn't give up easily - so he keeps on trying - and just when he least expects it - I fly straight at him, and as he moves I land on his shoulder - and cheekily just turn my head and look at him!! At least it makes him smile...

And I got the food without flying for it

Yes I know I'm been naughty, and acting like a spoilt Barn Owl - maybe its because I am - spoilt I mean!!!

Dad loves me regardless though - I think I know how far to push him, and thats much further than I can push mum I can tell you, she doesnt appear to want to take any messing about from me - I do try the head to a side with the "ahhh look at me" eyes, but it doesnt often work Im afraid!!!

Have to say it was pleasant out in the garden today as the sun was out and my block is in such a position that I can be in the sun or in the shade as I decide...and I hear its even better tomorrow - think I over heard mum say if its going to be that sunny she will be out in the garden all day - us birds like her been out there with us cos she does talk to us and when she has her little walkabouts she comes over and strokes us all which is lovely

I am still at the perfect flying weight so who knows - maybe tomorrow will be the day I take my first real flight - mum will have to get herself set up on utube so she can start showing you the videos - might be worth you all reminding her when you next contact her!!!

Thats all for today the folks....

Night night

No comments:

Post a Comment