Saturday 20 August 2011

He Aint Heavy

I have just spotted the date we last posted on here - that is amazing  2 weeks ago so I made my big bid for freedom

Seriously though - its hard to see where the last 2 weeks have gone - wasn't that long ago I was posting here daily....oh how times change!

Thought I would share with you a little "incident" from this afternoon in the garden....

Dad threw us a chick - by 'US' I mean Gizmo & myself - so there we were - our perches shaded from the sun - WHAT SUN - and as always we were pretty close together

We as you all know - us females don't eat much - and I am such a picky eater at the best of times - but today I soon demolished mine and was looking longingly at Gizmo's chick - just laid of the path - invitingly.....

Think Gizmo must have read my mind though cos as I made a leap for it so did he!!! He won....so I gave him the sad eyes - and what did he do - HE TURNED HIS BACK ON ME!!!

And once back on his perch boy did he rub it in he had a chick and I didn't!!! So I lunged towards him - no luck - tried again - and again - and again but no joy at all - my leash was just a few inches short

Gizmo turned to look at me and teased as he slowly demolished his chick - what a rotter he is!!!

Doesn't that song go "He aint heavy - he's my brother" - well take it from me - he is HEAVY - cos he's a greedy owl

Fancy not sharing with his sister - had it been the other way round I would have shared with him - Honest!!!! And pigs might fly.....
Hope you enjoyed the story of our feed in the sun!!!!

See you again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment