Monday 18 July 2011

Day 103

Hello again friends - bet you aren't enjoying this magic show are you? The vanishing Polly - here one day gone for the next week!!! lol









Its as I said before, with no news I just had to cut down on posts as they were pretty dull for me to tell and must surely have been the same for you readers!!!

But I have photos to share with you of Gizmo and I - we really have become inseparable these days - its good to have a best friend though, I'm sure we are all agreed on that! The photos above were what mum took on Saturday as she was trying to get ready to go to a craft show - every morning we are so hungry so fly at everyone that dares to walk past whichi s why so many photos of me in flight!!! They arent particularly good photos but then it is MUM taking them!!

And some very sad news too....one of the baby barn owl friends SOVA from dads falconry course very sadly died - his mummy got up yesterday (Sunday 17th July) to find him on his back - very unexpected and naturally the family are devastated, they have been in touch with the breeder who has said she can have a new baby from the next clutch. SOVA was just 7 weeks old. As we know after having Sid then getting Polly, its never the same - they make look the same, go through the same process but their characters are so different and even now we still compare Sid and Polly as I'm sure Esta will with hers!!! This is a photo of SOVA that was taken at our fun day when he was just 5 weeks old.
So now back to me again - my favorite subject ME! ME! ME! ha ha how naughty of me....

The weather over the weekend has been dreadful hasn't it - so much rain - so us birds have been indoors and we have loved it!!!

Kai has been in the dining room so gets to see everyone and everything that goes on - he is really well behaved sat there looking regal....except when that white dog Fern is around - oh my word he does NOT like her at all so hisses and spits and goes off like a wild thing until she goes away...its not that she has ever done anything to him so maybe its from when he was with a previous owner....

Gizmo is a real odd ball as dad put him in the box - this is a purpose made bird box with a perch used to transport birds and cut done on stress, well Gizmo just loves it - he is a happy chappy sat on the perch whether hes watching whats going on, facing the wall or even with the door shut - and he does like to shred paper - dad keeps the box clean by using an A2 sheet of paper and Gizmo will sit on the floor and pull it to bits, then flick the pieces all over....he is so loved by everyone, its easy to see why isn't it?

And I've been in the hallway - what an adventure that it too, its on the dark side which suits me great, people pass in and out but don't over bother me, I get to greet anyone knocking or visiting - its so funny when someone knows, I start clicking and when the door is open they start to talk and stop open mouthed when they see me....so even ask why do we have an owl in the hallway!!!

Last night there weather was pretty good so without warning dad decided it was flying lesson/attempt 2....I was taken out and perched on the fence while dad got himself sorted, he walked about 10 steps into the street then called me....nothing!! He tapped the glove which is how he gets my attention - nothing!  He dangled the food above the glove which is his next resort when tapping hasn't worked - nothing! Clicked -nothing! whistled - nothing!

Come on dad - what do you expect? I get out there are there is just so much to see - maybe not for dad but for me - WOW - remember Ive only been here a couple of times before, I see the wind moving a bush or tree branch, a cat stalking up the street, the lights...its a huge excitement - and then you all know, I have the concentration span of a gnat.....maybe next time eh dad?

So it was just like the last time, indoors and I flew the full length of downstairs to get to the food - yum yum, I really was hungry - just nosier than hungry this time dad - sorry!!!

These last photos are of Gizmo who decided to jump in the bath of water outside just before been brought in a few days ago - he was taken to the craft room for mum to see and of course settled happily on the back of her chair for an hour till he went off in search of the glitter and papers - in fact anything to chew that he wasnt meant to chew!!! Doesnt he look cute though....















Hope you enjoyed the news update....hope it wont be too long before I'm back again....

No comments:

Post a Comment