Thursday 7 July 2011

Day 92

Hello and welcome to a little update - its Thursday 7th July 2011 - not many people know that!!! LOL

And thats the update! NOT

Sorry - just feeling in a silly mood....does it show?

Thought I should tell you about what happened last night - I'm pretty sure you will all be interested....

Yesterday was another same old same old day really - fly to the glove and then to the scales for the daily weigh in - then fly back and forth for food which dad praised me for saying I was doing really good - in fact mum was pretty shocked when I flew from the kitchen to catch dad who went running into the living room with MY chick!!!

Then it was outside for the day with Gizmo and Kai - weather was so so and I suppose it was an ok kind of day

So imagine the shock when dad announced the weather was perfect so I was to have my first REAL flight out on the front - yippee - talk about excited!

It was after 11pm - all was quiet everywhere so dad brought all us birds indoors and got me ready to try the flight - he was so calm yet I could sense he was excited about it - he often said there is nothing like that first real flight to get you going - and I wasnt going to let him down - no way!

Mum decided she would stay indoors knowing how easily I get distracted - dad seemed to think it was a good idea too - and mum knew she could look through the craft room window and see it all....

I was taken out and perched on the garden fence while dad got himself organised when a car turned into the street and drove down to where we were - in fact it parked next to dads car - which is fair enough - dad stood with an impatient look on his face waiting for the car to go - what he never saw coming was the next door neighbour open the car door and step out - it was clear he had had a few drinks and proceeded to walk over to me and start a conversation with dad

DISASTER!!!

That was flying finished - dad knows I have the concentration of a gnat - that is NONE - and once I get distracted I rarely go back to a concentrated state

So Steve was nattering away to dad asking questions - the same questions he has asked time and again - then he started talking to me - wonder if he thought I was a parrot and was going to talk back - it was the look on his face that sort of said why arent you replying??? DOH - if thats what drink does Im glad I dont do it,....

Who knows when I will get my next chance to have my first real flight - I know both dad and I really want it to happen - all we need is for everyone to stay away!!!

Will let you know when it happens.....

Byeeee

1 comment:

  1. Poor Polly. What a shame. You and your Dad were so looking forward to your first real flight too. Hope it won't be long before you can try again (this time without anyone around to break your concentration.) You go girl!!!! 'Auntie' Liz x

    ReplyDelete