Tuesday 26 July 2011

NEW Polly Photos

Hello again my friends

As you will have spotted I have decided to drop the DAY headings now as the posting is so here and there now....so from now on it will be a heading instead....

I'm sure most of you will have noticed just how lovely the weather was on Sunday after about a week of dull dark dismal wet days so it was a lovely change to get out onto the garden!

We are actually bird sitting this week so the garden held Kai on one side of the garden and Casper another Harris Hawk on the other side with Gizmo and I against the shed side which is a favoured spot as its sheltered from the wind if there is any!


Well Gizmo and I have become the best of friends - we love to share perches whenever we are close enough to do so, and we are often seen preening each other - bet you're sat there thinking "Ahhh how sweet!!!" and don't say you weren't - lol




Who would have thought that 2 totally different breeds would have hit it off like we do?

Some of the photos look great and I am pretty sure when looking at them you have captions in your mind don't you? I know I do!!!

Just for a change this is Gizmo on his perch and me trying to move on in - I was just a tad too far away to make it to the top centre with him which is why you see me either on the floor at the front, back or side of him....mental note for dad  BE SURE TO PUT US NEARER TO EACH OTHER!!!! lol



The photos shown were all taken on mums mobile phone - she decided not to crop them in any way so they were simply blue toothed to the PC and resized so that they don't take forever to open!!!


These are a few of best buddy Gizmo - he is such a handsome lad isn't he? So cute and cuddly and very very friendly especially with mum!!!

And here is the last of this weekends photos - its me - cheeky Polly!!! I am at the stage where I really don't like having my photo taken so shy away but mum tricked me with this one!!!!


Before I go I must mention some sad news we had recently, another of the baby barn owls that belong to a member of the falconry course sadly died unexpectedly just a few days after SOVA, this baby was a few weeks old and called LULU - only the night before she died mum was stroking her when her daddy brought her to the falconry group meeting!
 
On the happier side, Andrew - Lulu's owner has just got another baby - good luck Andrew.
Bye for now folks.....


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely couple you and Gizmo make, Polly. These latest pictures are lovely and it's so nice that you both get on so well together. No sign of that first night flight yet Polly? Love and xxx. 'Auntie' Liz.

    ReplyDelete