Saturday 2 July 2011

Day 87


Hello again - remember me - Polly the Barn Owl?? Seems to have been ages since I was last on but the truth is my days were the same over and over again - I was pretty bored with doing the same thing so you must have been bored reading pretty much the same all the time...

So mum and i decided it would be better to just share my day with you when I did something a little different - that way I enjoy sharing my adventure and hopefully make you smile reading it!!!

The thing mum was unsure about in doing the blog this way was the day thing - should she run it on so this post would have been day 85 or just name it as the actualy day - as you will see, we decided it was teh actualy day so welcome to day 87 lol

Now you are probably sat there waiting to read what made today different for me...so let me tell you - are you sitting comfortable? Then I will begin.....

It was the long awaited funday at the community building mum and dad help to run - and along with all the normal fun day things like tombola, carboot, cake stall, food, kiddies games etc there was a Bird Of Prey garden....yep thats right - garden!!!

In the garden were some of my lovely friends - so let me introduce you to them.....

This is me - Polly - teehee - did you guess it was me then? lol

And of course my bestest buddy Gizmo the Tawny Owl....isnt he looking good these days too....

This is another Harris Hawk like our Kai - but this is Casper - he is a stunning bird, really well behaved - his mum and dad have only had him a few weeks but he has so settled in its like he has been with them for always!!!


And now we have one of the young Barn Owls - cor blimey its an ugly thing  - was I really like that once? I dont think so - after all I am beautiful so surely I couldnt have looked like that - please tell me I didnt???? This owl is called SOVA which is Russian for OWL and is just 5 weeks old.... Sorry Esta, but one day soon that ugly baby will grow into a stunner like me - well almost like me cos Im the best there is lol

We did have a 2nd baby Barn Owl but it arrived later so mum didnt get the chance to take a photo of it - but that one was around 7 or 8 weeks I believe - will get mum to get a photo on Tuesday when we all go to the falconry class

So back to our day out - we had a wonderful time - with lots of visitors who ohhhed and ahhhed over us all - naturally I was the STAR of the show - and I played shy which all went in my favour as people then spent more time watching me and talking to me - which is how it should be - I dont mind other birds been there as long as I am number 1....

Have to say, I think us birds were responsible for most of the visitors that turned up at the funday as who would want to stay at home when you have the chance to see and touch real live birds of prey!!

Thank you for reading - lets hope it wont be too long before Im back on again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment