Tuesday 12 July 2011

Day 97

Hello and welcome back to see whats new in the world according to Polly....

Well as ever nothing new has happened except - wait for it - I have had my first attempt at flying outdoors!!!

It was late last night - the weather was perfect, my weight was about right - and there was nobody around - the chatty neighbour who normally only nods in passing but wants to get into a conversation when hes had a drink was already home so no fear of his disturbing me again!

So, it was just dad and me - even mum stayed out the way just so I could fully concentrate on the task ahead.

Dad sat me on the fence - as its a hooped metal decorative top I was comfortable as it wasnt a million miles away from what my perch is like really - and dad started walking away....

OH NO - was this really it? Dad had got fed up with me and was leaving me....

Hang on - why would he walk away - surely he would have - well never mind, lets not go down that route - I guess I was letting my panic over take me.... phew that could have been my worst nightmare....

Anyway after he had walked around 15 or so steps he stopped, turned round and dangled the chick above the glove....

AND????

The he sort of jangled the chick, whistled to me, called out Polly a few times, made hissing sounds like I make - and guess what happened???

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

I just sat there watching him, so he moved 4 or 5 steps closer to me - and tried again - nothing - another few steps closer - and still nothing!!! In fact he walked right up to me and all I wanted was that chick for free and a fuss up - I didnt get either I have to add....

Dad wasnt best chuffed as you can imagine so chuntering to himself he took me back indoors and sat me on the kitchen worktop before walking through to the didning room - to which I flew and followed... he told me straight that was what I was supposed to have done outside!

Never mind, I did a few good indoor flights for him and was rewarded with food - and there is always next time.....

Mum and dad were talking about me, and dad said he can see its going to take a long long time for me to be ready to go on my first real outing - hunting!!!!

Watch this space for Polly's next adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment