Monday 18 April 2011

Day 12

Today I have reached 9 1/4oz so doing really well - and today is the 1st time I have managed to eat a mouse in full - usually dad has to chop it into tiny pieces like the chicks - anyway, ive eaten 4 mice and 2 chicks which were in chunkier pieces too
Dad said I am defo a lot bigger than Sid was at this stage - when I can be bothered I stand tall and can actually see everything thats going on over the edge of my box which is good fun!!!
And I spread my wings all the time to strengthen them - and show off my new feathers - cos I love to show off if you hadnt already noticed!!!
Here are todays photos....I know you all love to look and see the progress!






As you know, its impossible to tell if I will be male or female until the feathers come through on my chest - then marks appear as in tiny dot like marks for males and more like slashes of colour for females - as it is my parents think I will be a female as everything I do seems to be the opposite of Sid - lets hope they are right!
But now its down to you my faithful followers - I would like you all to have a think of a name - for now you might have to come up with a girls and a boys name - or maybe one that is suitable for eaither
Then when the time comes to be named - if we use a name one of you chose, we will buy an Owl Box and add your name to it as a thank you!!! So that serves a dual purpose
Add your suggestions to the comments box please!
Thats it for today folks....
See you all tomorrow - same time, same place
Byeeeeeee

1 comment: