Wednesday 20 April 2011

Day 14

Hi everyone - bet you really look forward to my mum adding her daily info on here now dont you?
At weigh in this morning dad announced I was a "mega heavyweight" I can tell you, I wasnt happy - but what did he expect? I hadnt produced my daily cast at that time.
For those who dont know what a cast is - its not pleasant - but basically its all the fur, feathers, teeth, bone etc that I dont digest from the chicks and mice I have - and a cast from me can weigh around 1/2oz, and is around 3 to 4cms long so better up than down...
Anyway, a little unusual but today I produced 2 casts, the 2nd being only small....and my weight is 10 3/4oz and I had eaten 3 chicks and 2 mice.


When mum came to take the photos tonight, she was talking away to me - asking so nicely that I look at the camera - and she even tried to get me to stand upright like I've been doing all day long - but nah - just like a kid - I refused!!!
So she is snapping away and didnt realise the strap of her camera was dangling just in front of my beak - so I grabbed it and hung on tight - thought I may have had a telling off but she mumbled something about how cute I was.....amazing how a ball of fluff gets away with so much isnt it?

You will notice in the photos now that I realy do have lots of fluffy stuff all over and the feathers are clear to see on my head now - or at least the quills are
Mum will have to try tickling me or something next time so I have a good wing stretch and that will make it easier for you all to see the pretty feathers showing on my wings!
Well its pretty late and I have been awake for at least an hour now so think its past my bedtime...
Night night my friends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment