Wednesday 27 April 2011

Day 22

Great news - I think - mum and dad have finally decided I can be named - yes I know, we still dont know for sure what sex I will be, but based on observations of me and Sid when he was my age, we are so different, I am much bigger, taller, and more vocal so its been decided, I am a female - so my name will be POLLY!
So here is a picture of my mum and me - dont we both look pleased now eh?
Oh how I love sitting with mum - she strokes me, tickles me all over, and plays with my feet - and I do need to have my feet touch and played with as much as possible in order to strengthen them.....
Today I was in for another lovely treat - dad actually put me down on the living room carpet - oh what luxury, it was all soft between my talons - so much nicer than standing on kitchen roll and cat litter I can tell you!!!
Anway, I managed to take a few steps on the carpet - and I had stretches galore - it felt great having all that wide open space to stretch and paddle about!!!
Here is another photo showing just how my wings are starting to look like the barn Owls we see in pictures....
Ok so they arent the best photos but you do get the idea!!!
Details of the day now - have eaten 6 chicks again - look at this photo and see just what a messy eaten I am!!! And my true weight today was 13 1/4oz - maybe tomorrow I will hit the 1lb mark!!!




Ok then folks - thats the lot for today - mum is nagging dad that they really need to get some more interesting photos - so watch this space and see whats what tomorrow
Byyyeeeee - oh one more thing before I go - the photo below shows just how tall I am now - look at the teddy - wasnt that long ago I was the same size as it - not its only level with my knees....

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! Can't believe how much talller you are Polly!!

    ReplyDelete