Monday 25 April 2011

Day 20

Oh my word - what's happening to me? One day I am a baby owl and happily go about my business - then today I stand tall, look down - and what? HELPPPPPP - who stole my feet??? I know they are there somewhere but I ust cant see them.....
Now they must be there cos mum has yelped several times this evening saying I was clawing her....oh well, maybe they will re-appear again tomorrow!
Mum was also really excited when I flapped my wings and she saw just how my feathers are coming through - but hey dont take my word for it - see for yourself....

I bet you are sat there now looking at your monitor going ahhh look at that!!! I am dead proud of my wings  - and although mum did try, she just couldnt get a decent pic of my disc now its showing solid feathering but give it a few more days and you will see it! If you look closly at the photos mum is adding, you will see she is generally covered in my discarded down - every time she touches me I shed a tad more - I need to do this to make way for all my adult feathers!!!


Todays not been too exciting really as mum wasnt too good and I spent most of the day in my box in the kitchen catching up on beauty sleep - and please dont dare say I need it!!!!!!!!!! lol
I've had 5 chicks today and weighed 12 1/4oz so I am fast approaching that 1lb mark arent I?
Mum said she loves this last photo - she had a caption for it - but I thought it might be fun if you all commented and left me a caption - I look forward to reading them!!!
Here is the photo....

Ta ta for now folks....

2 comments:

  1. I think little owl is saying, "Hey, what was that funny noise? It wasn't me!!! Awe Muuuuuum, pheweeeeee." xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'What you looking at!!'

    ReplyDelete