Tuesday 12 April 2011

Day 7

Hello again - its me - the greedy ikle baby barn owl!!
By the time I go to bed I will have chomped through 5 whole chicks - no wonder I weigh so much - oh yes - at todays weigh in I was 7 1/4oz


I've spent loads of time with my mum today - she loves letting me snuzzle on her lap - and I have to say I do like all the stroking.....
And today we had visitors too - Vicky and Layton - he was so brave as I am told he was a tad scared of Sid - but he did give me a stroke or two and a little kiss so thats good news!!!


Got a bit of info you might be interested in today - so here goes...
The latin name for a Barn Owl is TYTO ALBA - bet none of you guessed that did you?
And this is my unique ring number IBR76690U - this ring will remain on my leg for always and if I did happen to fly off with or without my telemetry and someone where to find me this ring would help get me back where I belong!
I have a personal bird ID number too - so really its like all you lot who have a birth certificate - so do I??

These last 2 picture show me in my home - I love this box - it has a folding roof so I keep warm at night, and dad cleans me out 2 times a day - and lines the box with kitchen roll then this fab eco friendly wood cat litter which is great for strengthening my feet - it gives me something to grip on to so my legs dont spay when I try standing!
Well thats it for another day folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment