Monday 25 April 2011

Day 19

Boring facts and figures first today folks....
I have had 4 chicks and 1 mouse and weighed in at 12 1/8th oz....
Between you and me - Im getting pretty bored with the same old grub - I'll tell you what, tonight I was snuggled down on mums lap and she was munching her way through a small bag of cashew nuts - what I wouldnt have done for just a taste of thoses - did she offer them - yep she did - to dad, and then Fern & Wil got a couple - as for me - nothing more than a sniff!!!


Nothing exciting happened in the life of the baby barn owl today - well apart from mums friend coming to see her and having a nosey at me - she cooed and said I was so cute and growing quickly - tell me something we dont know eh?
Oh mum did manage to get a recording of me hissing like a pressure cooker so I am sure she will attempt to add it here at some stage - she also got a video clip of me nattering away as she calls it!!!
In fact all it is, is me opening and closing my mouth but she always laughs and says Im having a right good gossip!!! Oh if only - believe me I could tell a good few tales....
Heard mum say she had ordered a bird bath this evening - just hope she doesnt expect ME to use it! I am happy been all scruffy looking with my dinner round my beak and on my chest - start as you mean to go I say!
This next picture mum took made her smile when she looked back at it - she said something like - all innocent, as though to say hey it wasnt me!!!
As you will have noticed we didnt quite get this added on the right day - but I wont tell if you dont!!!
Mums typing this while I sleep - thats the way to do it!!!!
Last photo for today - to to give you an idea of how tall and strong I am now - I have been walking about happily....there will be no stopping me now folks....


No comments:

Post a Comment