Tuesday 26 April 2011

Day 21

Oh ny word - whatever is happening? I have a trip out and come back looking like this.....
The thing is - dad is really pleased with them...in fact he even took me to mums class to see the ladies and show me and the contraptions off!!!
He says they are called training jessies - attached to anklets - did you ever hear such a thing for a yound owl like me!!!
Well I keep looking down and wondering how can I get rid of them....I've tried pecking but lose my balance and bruise my beak - standing on them but trip myself up - so for now, I have to leave them while I work this one out!!!



It was lovely getting out and about again - and those ladies made such a fuss of me - although they seem to think that cos Im just a baby I cant hear them talking about me - how I am turning from the ugly dickling into a beautiful owl - how many more times I AM NOT A DUCKLING, IM A BARN OWL!!!!
Someone commented on how lovely and soft my down is and dad explained that the down will fall away as my feathers come through....and talking of feathers - look at this!

Its hard to believe just how much that one feather has grown since the photo of it yesterday - flick back and see for yourself - I have plenty of feathers but they are all still well hidden - I have my stretch and mum sees them but I dont show them for long enough so by the time she has her camera out Ive gone back to hidding them!!!
Today I have been a hungry baby owl cos I have eaten some 6 chicks, produced a large cast so weigh a healthy 12 3/4oz now....
This next photo is a rare one - mum managed to capture me blinking - just in case you dont know, we owls have 2 sets of eyelids - so the blue are the inner ones that dont get seen much....
Right then my friends - you've seen all todays photos and got the day's gossip from me - so until tomorrow....
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment