Friday 22 April 2011

Day 17

Talk about bad hair day - only glad mum wasnt there with her camera when I got up this morning - with the lid closed on my box I had just got hot and bothered so when dad opened it I was wet from head to toe - and do you know he said I looked a mess - well words to that effect
Then when mum saw me she laughed - great - and they know just how insecure I am at the minute too!!!
I've had a nice day all in all - mainly cos whenever mum was around she picked me up and set me down on her lap so I could wander around - its a great feeling - freedom.... and I've had cuddles galore - mind you its amazing how I have sussed just how to get the cuddles - I just have to pose for some pictures - or stand tall - or better still, stretch my wings!! Already when I stretch my wing span is pretty amazing - think we might have to get mum to measure it for you all next time....
So here are a few of the posing pictures....lol



And mum finally managed to get a decent photo of my part opened wing - you can clearly see the quills now - there is a name for this - but mum seems to have forgotten it - again!!! She will ask dad again - and tell you all next time....

I havent had any mice today - just 5 chicks and I weighed 11 1/4oz again today - now if you have been paying attention, you will notice that I weighed the same 2 days ago - that was because when I was weighed that day I hadnt produced a cast, but when I was weighed today I had produced a cast so this is a true weight
Dad actually bought a very good set of digital scales when he had Sid, so when us birds are weighed it is very very accurate - and dad has a chart for me so he records how much I weigh, how much I have eaten, and very soon when I start to fly, he will also register how many metres I have flown and the weather conditions!!!
All thats over with for now - so here is a great photo of me, I had just been practicing how to fly - well I suppose thats an exageration as it was more how to have a stretch and good flap of my wings - I think the photo sums it perfectly!
And on that note - its time to say bye for now - so will finish with a few more photos
See you same place tomorrow
Byeeeee



No comments:

Post a Comment