Saturday 4 June 2011

Day 60

Here we are again then....dont the days soon pass by - doesnt seem 5 minutes since I was updating yuou on Day 59 events!!

Today was all so different to what I am used to - think it was a treat - or was it maybe punishment? For who though? Mum? or me?

Let me tell you all about it and you can make you own minds up!

Mum was sitting out in the sun as she does every time it pops out - so dad decided to take me out to the garden too! He put the block and me well into the shade and asked that mum keep an eye on me and that if I started to get stressed either take me in or call on him....

It was brilliant been out there - so much going on all around me - mum enjoying the sun but still armed with her camera. Then there is lovable Charlie who I hear about a lot but until today had never met - he is so sweet, he stole the ice cream from mums cornet when she wasnt paying him any attention - and he actually laid by me almost all day long - Charlie the protector!!!

And I spotted some "things" that were bouncing about all over in some wooden crate type things - turns out theye were mums male ferrets - one is so lazy he just sleeps all the time only moving when the sun moves, hes all white so it really is a wonder he doesnt burn laying all out in the full sun!

Next to him is the crazy male - he runs up the hutch sides and back flips from the ceiling - he does it over and over again!!! Never seems to get tired of it....

And at the end of the garden is Kai - he is so well behaved, he is either standing on his bow perch or hops over to the edge of what will one day be the planter box - when dad gets his finger out so mum says!!!

Here are a few of the many pictures mum took of me noseying about throughout the day...





This afternoon I decided to be a little naughty - so when I thought I wasnt been watched, I started trying to unpick my jessies - as you know I have the anklet round both ankles, they have a hole pinched through and the jessies are threaded - they are like strips of soft leather that are joined together using a fishing swivel - when I am on the glove as its called, I have a leash which is threaded through the swivel, on the glove it is wrapped round the fingers and secured to prevent me flying off - so when I am on the block it is tied in a special way to a sealed ring that is below the block, again to prevent my flying away!!!

So not to be out done, mum began snapping away with her camera, as I was so engrossed in trying to undo the knots I hadnt seen or heard the camera - so guess who was caught in the act!!!
Yep ME!!!
I was nowhere near to undoing one knot never mind all the ones I would have to sort out before I found freedom...Take a look at these pics...








You have to give me 10 out of 10 for effort dont you agree?

When I came back in mid afternoon it was clear to see that Gizmo was so pleased to have me back indoors with him - hate to admit this - but so was I ? I think we will always have this love/hate brother/sister connection - dont you!

Thats it for today then folks...

Wonder what tomorrow will have in store for Polly The Barn Owl??

No comments:

Post a Comment