Friday 10 June 2011

Day 66

Crickey I feel old!!! Day 66 already - that means I must be around 72 days old now - cor blimey - its ancient!!

Seems a long time ago when I was a young all over fluffy lovable baby owl...now I know how people feel when I hear them talking about how time passes quickly!!!

This morning I was up early - cant say the same for dad though - mind you he was out till all hours so I guess it was to be exoected!!! Anyway when he was ready I was weighed and today it was announced I am at the perfect flying weight at 11oz - shame the weather wasnt up to much all day - the rain stopped trial outdoor flight practice!!!

But dad was really pleased with how I flew to the glove over and over again - he thinks I was getting to grips with it all - in reality - I was starving and know the only way to get food and fast is to do what he wants - remember I am the Wise Old Owl!!! lol

So we have all spent the day indoors due to the rain - I love it inside but poor Gizmo was pretty restless, a few times he flew over to my block and helped preen me - dont think he realises I can do it myself - although secretly I do enjoy it!!!

Once upon a time I would have been saying this block aint big enough for the two of us - now I just think twos company and good fun so bring it on boy!!!! Who would have thought that a Barn Owl and a Tawny Owl would be bestest friends eh???

I have had a good varied diet today too - with chicks, pheasant and mice - what a good life I have!!!

Sadly no photos for you again today - I guess it will often be that way now - there really isnt much more mum can get photo wise now - once dad starts taking me out for training flights you will be knocked out with them all - but until then you will have to make do with big boys and girls books - all text no pictures!!!

See you tomorrow friends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment