Saturday 18 June 2011

Day 74

A huge thank you to the one and only person that commented on yesterdays blog - I will certainly do my best to continue, but would love to know people are genuinely interested in me and what I have to say - so please take a moment out to leave me a comment!!!

I have some personal info to share today - at weigh in today I was 10 7/8oz so considerably lighter than you will all recall - dad tells me this is perfect for the flying!!!

As you know I fly to the glove for food - when I can be bothered - and have nothing around to distract me - but I have, in this last feeding session of the day, complete 5 perfect flights from the side to the glove - and after capturing and eating the food I am thrown back so have to fly and land and be ready for the next chick - I so pleased with myself! Hooray,....

But now I am back on the block - not actually tied as yet - so I have flown a few times to the table as there was something new on it that was capturing my attention - I finally discovered what it was - doh - do I feel dim now - it was Layton's socks....I'll never live that one down now will I?? lol

For anyone who had a go at yesterdays quiz - here are the answers....

Find out if you are A Barn Owl EggHead!
1. False! Tawny owls hoot - Barn Owls screech! Have a listen to these Owl Recordings: ‘Owl Sounds' - to hear the difference.
2. True: On average, a Barn Owl will eat 4 small mammals each night. Can you work out how many are needed every night, for 2 parents with 4 chicks? Find out more facts about what Owls eat.
3. False! Barn Owls can hunt even on the darkest nights, using their super sensitive hearing! Find out more about How Barn Owls Hunt.
4. True: Read the Barn Owl Trust Information Page (You can download a Leaflet too) ‘What to do if you find a young Barn Owl' to find out how to do this safely.
5. True: Barn Owl Trust Owlets are kids who help the Barn Owl Trust to look after Barn Owls. You can help by telling your friends, family and teachers about lots of ways to help the Barn Owl Trust!

As you may have guessed, I took the quiz from the Barn Owl Trust website! Take a look for more facts, figures and great info on Barn Owls...

http://www.barnowltrust.org.uk/

If you get the chance and have any interest, the BOT (Barn Owl Trust) have an online shop with all manner of bird related goodies - any crafters among you might like to know tehre are even a couple of rubber stamps!!!

This is quite and interesting page on the BOT website - you can then download and save all the leaflets - cant do any harm to get in the know!!!

http://www.barnowltrust.org.uk/infopage.html?Id=55

See you next time folks,.....

No comments:

Post a Comment