Monday 27 June 2011

Day 82

Mums done it again!!!

Can you believe despite her coming on witht he aim of catching up and keeping things right - she missed a day again....what is she like?

But this time we CAN blame the sunshine....

So - its SUNDAY - hot and sunny - and I was such a good barn owl!

Dad walked to the kitchen - I flew to him - yeah!! Success - believe me he was a happy chappie!!!

So it was weighing time - I have stayed the same weight for around a week now - I did hear mum comment on how all females wish it was like that!!!

I did 4 or 5 lovely flights to the glove for my food - each time dad took 3 or 4 steps back so I was actually flying a fair way really - and oh it did feel good.....

All too soon it was time to go out in the garden with the other birds - but heck it was a hot un!!! I couldnt believe the heat - and mum just sat reading all day long - just glad my beautiful feathers didnt change to the colour of her skin!!!

Throughout the day I was moved so that I was shaded from the sunshine - if you've ever seen a bird panting through the sun, you will know its not a pretty sight!

And I just kept hoping for rain - normally I would hate it but a spot of water would have been very welcome - oh well, time to use the bird bath I reckon.....there's a first I can tell you!!!

Thats all for Sunday's news my friends.....

No comments:

Post a Comment