Thursday 9 June 2011

Day 64

Hello again my following friends!!!

Before we go any further I will add that here are no photo's again today - mainly due to mum and dad been out and about all day and some of the evening so mum didnt get round to taking any - I think she mumbled something about not worth bothering to take any as they are all much the same these days - and do you know - I reckon she is right!!

Ahh but then yesterday she did get photos of me mantling which was certainly very different - but today nothing has happened to write home about!

The day didnt get off to too good a start - dad wanted mr to fly to the glove for my breakfast but I was in my lazy lady mood so refused point blank to do anything!! So in the end he fed me like he had done when I was just a chick....yes I know I am acting a bit pathetic - well a lot pathetic I suppose - but hey ho thats life!!!

I have done as he wanted through the day when he has been around though - think I have done 4 or 5 short flights to the glove for food so that always puts a huge smile on dads face and I get a hug for it!!

On the tv was Springwatch and mum and dad took interest in a Barn Owl with a nest of chicks - its one thing people seeing us on the telly, or even you people looking at my photos, but you honestly cannot beat seeing me face to face - been able to stroke me, hear all my clicking and calling, see how I spin my head around, how I dance on the block.....think thats why mum and dad continually say how lucky they are to have both Gizmo and me - they saw we are great fun, that we are amazing characters, and that they just couldnt imagine us not been around anymore

Dad was telling mum that one of the people on the falconry course had bought a baby barn owl yesterday and how you soon forget how small and fluffy they are, how you have to chop up the food so small etc - mum soon added she wouldnt like to go through it all again!!

I freaked mum out this morning though - it was sooo funny - well I though it was even though I know she wont admit it was something to look back on and laugh about! She was out in the garden and as Gizmo & I were on perches out there she stopped to say hello to Gizmo, gave him a tickle and fuss up then walked over to me, leaned over and went to stroke me, but I flew at her hand! She stopped in her tracks and the colour drained - all I wanted to do was sit on her hand - I love to be held almost as much as I love the stroking - anyway mum freaked and dropped me back onto the block cursing me as she walked on down the garden,...I still chuckle to myself when I think about it!!!

When she told dad he said that was a really good sign that I was learning - he was trying to teach me to fly to the hand or glove ever time he comes near me and the fact that I also want to do it to mum makes dad a happy chappy....

Thats the news from Polly for today folks - lets hope something new and exciting happens tomorrow so I can share with you....

Byyyeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment