Friday 24 June 2011

Day 80

Hello again my trusted friends!!!

And how has life treated you all today? Good I do hope.....

As for me - just perfect - have to say....

Nothing out of the ordinary has happened in fact the day was almost like every other day - but for some reason I feel happy today!!!






Mum let Gizmo out of his box this morning and I think he had his naughty head on today,.... to start with he flew up from his box to land on the outer edge of the lid so the whole lot went flying in the air and he landed flat on the floor - it was sooo funny from where I was perched!!

So mum battled to get into him, picked him up and put him on his perch - he obviously had other ideas cos as mum went to the kitchen he flew straight to her - and scared her half to death if her squeal was anything to go by - lol!!!

In order mum could do what she was trying to do she had to feed Gizmo - we all know that mum likes to THINK she is brave - in reality she is far from it as she cannot bear to cut up the chicks for us which is why dad feeds us almost all the time - but cos there were some mice out for us for today she was happy to feed Gizmo on a mouse - but dont think she was prepared for how hungry us birds are first thing in a morning - Gizmo literally snatched the mouse from mum and it was gone in one gulp!!!!






So she fed him another and he took just long enough for her to get a few photos for you all....even though this is MY blog not his!!!

After Gizmo had finished his breakfast it was my turn - and I too had a feast but this time it was dad who cut up chicks for me - and of course I have to fly to get my food - thats the difference between me and Gizmo - I will be used for hunting when I am bigger, stronger and more experienced whereas Gizmo is just a lovable pet of mums that goes to shows and gets peoples attention!!!




Dad then sat me on my block and Gizmo on his perch but as often happens these days then minute nobody is looking we are both sharing the smallest possible space - my block!!!!

All us birds did spend the day outside but not until dad had used the strimmer to get rid of the over grown grass and weeds from the small side garden - the weather was perfect today for outdoor lounging around.....



So as I said when I started todays news, I havent done anything different - but I have certainly enjoyed my day.....

Hope you enjoyed the news and photos - and before I go - enjoy this last picture - of Gizmo wearing mums slippers - oh how everyone laughed when they saw him - he will never live this one down.....

No comments:

Post a Comment