Wednesday 15 June 2011

Day 71

Crikey talk about panic!!!

Let me tell you all about this one - are you sitting comfortable? All ready?? Then I'll begin....

The day started as most days here do - both Gizmo & I were weighed and the weight was logged - after that we get our first feed on the day, yummy - and don't we all love and enjoy breakfast??

After that we are taken outside - I go onto the block, Gizmo onto his frame and down the bottom of the garden is Kai...and we have Charlie the Lurcher simply roaming and doing his own thing...

So far so good!!!!

Mum and dad then locked all windows and doors which would suggest they are popping out for a while - which is fine as we are perfectly safe and happy here with Charlie on the loose to protect us all...

A couple of hours later mum and dad return, I saw dad pull the curtain back to check on us all then suddenly he started yelling - the door burst open and he charged outside yelling to mum that Kai had gone!!!

Of course Gizmo & I looked to see what was going on - but the picture was - dad running about like a nutter with a few chicks in his hand - and mum stood at the end of the garden looking to the rooftops!!!

They both disappeared again - dad out the gate and mum into the house - OH DEAR - where could Kai be I thought....I do hope they find him!!!

Suddenly dad came back into the garden, stormed past Gizmo & I and entered the house - then we heard the familiar bells!! Because Kai is a hunter he has bells on his legs so he can be heard and traced - so on us hearing the bells we breathed a sigh of relief all was well....

At that point mum came in the front door and the look of relief when she saw Kai - and asked dad where he had managed to find the bird - dad did look sheepish!!!

Call me stupid or something he said - so mum asked how he had managed to coax Kai down, was it with the chick she said - he sort of smirked and said he had forgotten to actually put Kai out this morning!!! Naturally mum called him STUPID!!!

So all that panic we all went through - and poor Kai was just chilling on his perch in his box...at least it was a little excitement in what would otherwise have been a normal dull day!!

I didnt get to try my wings at flying - it wasnt the right weather and then with the Kai incident dads mind just wasnt on it - and knowing my luck - I may well have flewn and got lost!!!

Time to take a chill pill and end her for the day folks

Again sorry its so uneventfully in my life just now...it will get better soon - I hope!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment