Thursday 23 June 2011

Day 77

Opps a daisy - we are a day behind again!!! Silly mum - she clean forgot to do this on Tuesday - so we are playing catch up again

Although we are on Wednesday 22nd June - please imagine if you will, that it is still Tuesday 21st June and the longest day....

Tonight dad took me to his falconry course and I was again star of the show - or so I like to think!!!

One guy actually brought in his very young baby barn owl - hard to imagine not so long ago I was so like that one - quite ugly with white fluffy down that doesnt quite cover the pink skin.....but we all grow into beautiful Barn Owls that everyone then ohhs and ahhs over and wants to hold and stroke - and I for one love all that attention!!! But who wouldnt??

So at the course I had the chance to show off - I have been flying to the glove for food for a while now - when I am in the mood I have to add - so this was it - do it right anf have everyone in the room comment how how clever I am - or fail due to lack of interest and put up with the negative comments that really would follow

Dad had a slither of food held between his thumb and finger - and as soon as he lifted his gloved hand I flew to him - a silent flight of around 12 feet - and I felt on top of the world - I could hear all the gasps as I skimmed above people - it really was an amazing feeling for me - and I do hope amazing sight for others!!!

I could sense the pride dad felt - he had the biggest smile plastered across his face - and between us we did this flight several times.....the only real regret was there were no videos or photographs to share - it would have been a moment to capture for ever!!

There is always next time - cos the flights will get longer and longer - and as I improve then they will be quieter too!!!

So thats it for now....hope you felyt the excitement in reading this as people did on seeing it!!!

Bye my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment