Sunday 26 June 2011

Day 81

Oh no - we are behind yet again!!! Would like to have blamed the weather but it wasnt hot and sunny yesterday so mum wasnt outside!!!

So lets just IMAGINE its still Saturday....what news do I have to tell you....ermmm, probably not a lot again but here goes...

Dad went off with a lady from the falconry course - she was going to collect her very own 4 week old Barn Owl

She had asked dad to go with her as she was going to where I came from - and as dad has had 2 owls from the same breeders he jumped at the chance to go and catch up...

Billy & Diane live in Wigan and they are my very special mummy and daddy - I can say that because had it not been for them keeping a close eye on my barn owl mum and dad, I doubt I would have been here to share my blog with you....

You see my mum rejected the eggs - so my dad kept us all warm until we started to hatch - well that was the plan but mum had other ideas - she bullied poor dad and did everything she could to get dad out the way - sadly most of the clutch died - well they all died - except me!! Billy & Diane saw what was happening - they have CCTV in the avery - so when it looked as though mum was going to let me die too I was taken out and Diane spent all her time feeding and caring for me - keeping me warm and healthy - so a huge THANK YOU to both Billy & Diane...

Back to my day then - it was just about the same really - up and weighed - had my morning feed then outside for the fresh air with the other birds

Nicky, Vicky & Layton visited so they all came out to see me - for some reason Layton isnt keen on me - in fact there is a real fear in his eyes when he comes close or I flap my wings yet he goes to Gizmo and happily strokes and even has kissed him....strange child!!! How can he prefer that grey fat thing to me..... the mind boggles I must say!!!

Well my friends - I did say nowt much had happened - so heres Polly signing off for another session - see you all again later with todays news!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment