Sunday 12 June 2011

Day 68

Another day another dollar - isn't that what they say?

Well let me tell you, all I earnt today was a wet wet wet body - bbrrrrrr - this time of the year I believe is called summer - and if it is, then take it from me - you can keep it!!!

I was up and raring to go early this morning, dad did the normal, weighed then fed me and then it was outside on the block - again!

Have to say it was OK to start with - then Vicky arrived with young Layton and they both came out to say hello - from a distance - I really cant see why they wont come over and fuss me up - they do Gizmo - I guess its all that Sid's fault, he made Layton scared of him by flying around the room and finally landing on the tots head - I hear everyone laughed - except Layton who screamed the house down and has never been a fan of us Barn Owls since!!!

Well to say the rain came down is under statement of the year I can tell you - it started with spots and in seconds it was in sheets - I was so distressed I even tried to climb under the dying weeds by the side of the shed - why oh why did mum have to go and spray them with that weedkiller a day or two ago - they were so tall and bushy it would have made a perfect shelter...story of my life these days.....

I saw dad at the window on and off - don't think he could decide what to do - leave us out or bring us in - he chose to leave us all out for quite some time so by the time we came in we were literally dripping wet through!

I was put onto the block and Gizmo onto his new perch - it was so funny watching him "drip dry" as mum called it, you could see the water running down his back and dripping from his lovely tail feathers into the waste tray below his perch - thankfully we soon dried off and no harm was done....

That meant we had to spend from mid afternoon till supper time in the dining room on our own - oh I tell a little white lie - the dogs did come and lay with us for a few minutes until dad opened the door to let them into the living room!!!

And other than my few flights from the scales to the glove for food its been another same old same old day!!

One day soon, I am pretty sure we will have some new and exciting news and photos to share - so please friends - hang on in there till that happens

We have been here together from the start - you enjoy hearing all about me and my days - so please continue to follow Barn Owl Diary!!!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment