Thursday 5 May 2011

Day 29

Look at me!!! Now you cant tell me you didnt just look and say ahhhh - even though I say it myself - I think I look pretty cute here!
Maybe we need a caption - what do you think? Leave a comment to tell me and mum what you think.....
Mum had her friend call in and see me when she was dropped off - I lurve hearing all the comments people make - its always oh look at her, isnt she sweet, so cute, and oh hasnt she grown - look at those feathers - its amazing the difference between seeing the photos and actually looking at Polly here isnt it?
Do you know, I go all warm and fuzzy inside knowing its all about ME!!! What a special and very loved barn owl I am lol
A few more basic - same old type of piccies here now -



Mum actually held her metal rule next to me and mumbled something about needing to get her metre stick out - hope she meant to measure my height and not beat me - lol - as if!!! I know she doesnt often admit to it - but she loves me loads.....dont ya mum?

Stats time - and oh havent I been the greedy one! I have munched my way through - erm sorry that was wrong - I GOBBLED my way through 5 chicks and 3 mice - yum yum - and when I was weighed first thing I had lost a little which will start happening more now I am getting bigger - so I weighed 13 5/8oz - its highly likely now I will never reach the ONE POUND weight - as I get bigger, I will start to eat a little less each day so in the end I am down to around 1 chick a day, and my flying weight should be around 5oz to 6oz but until the time to fly comes its still guess work!!!

Mum really wants the Tawny & I to be friends - maybe when it grows we could be but just now I look and see food food food!!! Have to say it is growing daily so here is a piccy even though this is MY blog not the Tawny's! I guess one photo of it now and again wont hurt will it?? Well just to show Im not totally uncaring - here is a pic from each day since Tawny arrived






The piccies are in the day order so you can see the changes - it still lives in its ice cream tub - the reason is cos its so small/young there is a risk the legs could splay and stay like that which would be so sad - so its to stay in the tub till its too big for it!!!

Enough on the other bird anyway - that its from me for now - so the last photos are here....bye!!!



1 comment:

  1. Well Polly, you certainly are a beautiful little owl and oh so photogenic. I loved the video clip your lovely Mum placed on your blog yesterday and I'm looking forward to seeing more clips of you soon. Pheasant indeed! You do have expensive tastes. Night night from your Auntie Liz xxx

    ReplyDelete