Friday 13 May 2011

Day 37

First things first - a big thank you to all my followers that have shown concern on the blog not getting updated - and a few even contacted mum to say nothing was posted for Wednesday either

Mum did post Wednesday as you will have seen in day 36, but when she came to do day 37 yesterday the blogger was down - and the message that was attached stated that posts made from 7.30am Wednesday were temp unavailable but once the blogger was up and running again all would be back!! And it is!

So lets get you up to date with ME and what I've been up to.....I'm so happy tonight as I have been treated to several hours of freedom in mums craft room - I was carried up, put on the floor and it was heaven - I had a good nosey behind the computer tower so next time it packs up I'm sure I can lend a hand!!!

I kept an eye on that huge dragon - it was pushed up against the glass watching me - haha I can torment it and all that can do is knock on the glass....its good to know I'm the boss in this room now...

Mum was working on some card I think and I decided it was play time so crept over and started nibbling on her toes - oh how she squealed at times.....

But she got her own back when I went to investigate this metal dish thing that sits by her big bin....I tapped my beak against it and it talked to me - that was spooky and I actually stepped back....
Then just to prove I really wasn't scared I went back and perched on the edge - just look at the picture - its clear to see I really am not worried am I??

Just then - disaster - without warning - I lost my balance and SPLASH - I landed in it!!! But believe me I was in and out so quick - not fast enough for mum to miss a picture altogether though.....


I can now say in all honesty - I DO NOT LIKE WATER - but what kind of mum leaves a dish of water in her craft room with a curious owl like me around? She did say it was the dogs dish - huh - so they get to come in this room too - and I thought I was special!! GREAT....

Back to what I was saying earlier about wanting to play - so nibbled mums toes - well it certainly got her full attention, she was giggling away and started to tickle me which I love - but I really wanted to play!!

So I toddled off leaving endless fluffy down bits floating behind me and proceeded to play hide and seek...mum got a piccy - can you spot me? Bet you cant!!!

What was that comment? My bum looks BIG? Oh no.....

Please tell me you were joking - don't make me cry - I don't want to have a big bottom - I want to be beautiful!!

Did I just hear you say I am beautiful? Oh thank you - I love you all - I am rather sweet aren't I?

I am losing all my fluff at an alarming rate now - the last Barn Owl Sid lost all his barring the head and that took a fair while to go Im told - yet my fluff is literally falling from everywhere so my beautiful feathers are really showing through now

And I love to stand tall and spread my wings - its great exercise for me and anyone around at the time comments on just how spectacular I look - my wing span now is around 3 to 3.5 feet I would guess!

Take a look at these photo to see where the feathers are showing.....would love to know what you think to them



My stats for those who are interested - I weighed in at 14 3/8oz and had 5 chicks and 1 mouse - have to say I am really starting to cut back on the eating now - I feel good, strong and healthy now so can start to cut the food slightly.....

That's about it for today folks so I will add the last few photos and see you again next time....
Take care







No comments:

Post a Comment