Friday 6 May 2011

Day 31

Another day so what news do I bring you today? Ermmm its not really to do with me but the Tawny Owl that came to live with us just one week ago today has actually doubled the weight it was when it got here - mmm does that mean it gets more grub than me? I think it does,....

Because my mum wasnt too good today and dad had to be out this afternoon I spent most of my time in the kitchen watching what was happening outside - although I cant actually share what I see, its always pretty busy with people passing by - shame they cant see me as Im sure they would wave and say hello!!!

But having said all that - mum and dad certainly dont ignore Tawny and me - every time they come to or through the kitchen we both get a little tickle under our beak and a natter - and if its dad we get noisy cos we know it means food is on the way - funny how mum doesnt feed us - I think I heard her say she doesnt mind handing me a full mouse, chick or pheasant but couldnt stomach chopping up the food and feeding small pieces like Tawny still has to have - thinking about it - cant blame her either!!!

Mum was hoping to tell you what I have eaten so far today - but dad is dog walking and all the stats are on the board downstairs - the time it takes her to get down and back up again would take it to a new day lol!!! But look at these pictures and you can tell at least one thing I was given - it was given by dad but I dropped it and couldnt be bothered to bend down and pick it up so when mum came to get her camera she picked it and gave it to me in exchange for the photos!!!



The lovely soft fluffy white - somewhat stained - down is beginning to fall quite quickly now - underneath it all I have almost all my feathers and mum tells me all the time I am truely beautiful - I know I am - but all you lot ever see is the fluffy ball - you are in for such a special treat once the feathers really do show through!!!

I know it seems you are been fobbed off with a short read today - less photos - and no real info but its been one of those days Im afraid.....

I think Tawny & I are going to the Land Rover Show at the Driffield Showground tomorrow as dad organises a stand for his Mudrunners Group every year and although mum & dad arent camping this year due to mums knee surgery, they are going for a few hours to catch up with everyone - so if we do go you can expect lots of news and photos then....

Bye then....


No comments:

Post a Comment