Monday 16 May 2011

Day 41

Whoooo mum and dad both home, both watching TV and guess what I did? Take a look....
Nobody was watching ME so I had a nosey round, jumped onto the remote control and hey presto - I chose what they would be watching - didnt go down too well I can tell you, but it was funny! Both mum and dad looked at each other, then the TV, then for the remote before they realised it was me that was stood on it!! lol

So now I get a look in - why should Gizmo and I have to watch what they want all the time? There will be no stopping me now I can get onto the back of the sofa - and Gizmo is amazing - he moved into a huge box like mine today but already he has escaped from it!!!

The thing is when he gets out he wanders all over the house - not just downstairs and on the floor - he somehow manages to get on the settee or up the stairs - where as I can only really get out my box once in a while - it takes so much effort that when I'm out I havent the remaining energy to play about...

This morning mum had me on her hand as she took me to the dining room - and her face really was a picture when I suddenly just jumped off - she paniced but I dont know why - after all in the wild us birds are known for falling from the nest high up in the trees!

Then dad picked me up and popped me on his shoulder - I really think he needs to be told - in the nicest possible way I must stress - that I am a BARN OWL and not a PARROT - I arent going to sit on his shoulder and pose - mind you I do like to pose - but no, I want to be on the floor to do my own think - so I part jumped and part flew from his shoulder to the floor - he tried to be cool about it but the look of shock on his face dont me he was far from cool!!!

So here are a few more photos from this evening taken in the kitchen or when I had the run of the settee...what do you think to them? They show off the mass of remaining fluff around my legs, the size of my talons and again just how the feathers are taking shape and showing the amazing colours!!!







Dad is always winding mum up about her appaling photography - or at least he used to - seems she always managed to chop heads or feet off - she insists that since he bought her this new camera in March his year her piccies have been spot on - not so sure he would agree when he sees the picture of my fluffy legs and huge sharp talons here even though it was a shot she wanted....

But she really excelled with this last photo - even I have to say it took my breathe away!! What a fabulous photo it is and when mum was looking at them on the pc she did say she was going to have this one printed as she was so proud of it!

No stats again today as dad isnt on the ball - he does weigh Gizmo and me every morning but cos he is doing so many other jobs he is forgetting to write it down and he cant usually remember anything 10 minutes later never mind 10 hours later!!! As soon as he comes up with some info I will be sure to share it with you - you will all be brought back up to date and soon...

So here is that super photo....enjoy till next time folks
xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, what a magnificent shot of your lovely new feathers, Polly. Isn't Mum clever to have caught you posing! Nite and luv from 'Auntie' Liz xx

    ReplyDelete