Monday 23 May 2011

Day 48

Well I really thought I was a barn owl and would in time be doing hunting as us barn owls tend to do - and it seems thats true

But I have such an exciting and varied life just now I dont know which I would prefer to do!

Over the last few days I have been seen to do the dishes, help with washing and driving the car, tackling the falconry glove, come face to face with Gizmo and a teddy - but today I really did get the job of all jobs!!!

I was a security bird!!! Mum went upstairs and naturally I followed her - I dont think anyone could have predicted what would happen next though... oh it was funny even though I say so myself!

The white dog Fern is known to love home comforts and will snuggle into the smallest space on the sofa so mum and dad have an old duvet that they gave to Fern - she sleeps happily on it wherever it gets placed. Today dad dragged it out onto the landing and Fern got comfy

Now I should just add that both Wil and Fern are terrified of me, so when I made it to top of the stairs I came face to face with Fern on her bed!!! She didnt even have the nerve to move her head...luckily dad came up the stairs and mum passed over the camera so we had these piccies to show you....


Oh it feels good to be in control - dont get me wrong though, I am not a bully - YET!!! I still cant believe something heaps bigger than me can be such a wimp!! Do you know she stayed there all morning till I decided to go down and see what mum was up to after she made her way down....

Mum took these on her way....





I do look cute dont you think? Mum said I was a real sweetie when I was peeping through the rails....oh I know how to get and stay in mums good books dont I?

Dad has had his glove on all afternoon - wonder if his hand is cold? I know he kept coming to find me and asking me to step up - which I did do, but hey I cant be bothered to just sit and watch the tv - a barn owl has things to do, places to go, people to see....

So I would fly off and seek out Gizmo who has had his freedom most of the day too - when he got up this morning he wasnt too good, seems hi had been jumping up and down in his box all night and managed to kock the lid into place which in turn meant he got too hot - it took a few hours for him to settle but by lunchtime he was right as rain again....


Mum really drools over that bird - cant see what she see's in him personally - he's just a boring grey gremlin looking thing - so the name Gizmo fits him to a tee!!! At least mum and dad treat us both the same - we both get equal cuddles and flying practice, as well as training on the glove and feeding ourselves!

I have been feeding myself again all day but dad did say he was a tad concerned that my weight was dropping now rather than staying the same as he had expected - so like yesterday he cut some food into big chunks and fed them to me just to be sure I was getting plenty to eat - and by doing it that way he knows when I have had enough as I turn away

Today I have had 2 chicks and 2 pheasants so thats pretty good really - my weight is a shade over 13oz now

Here are the last of todays photo's - tomorrow is another bg day for me - but I wont tell you about it now....see if you can guess whats going to happen???




Before I do go for now - had to share this photo with you - dad was feeding me and Gizmo was in his box but as I said about him in the night he started jumping up and down and knocked the lid over and as he jumped up mum snapped this piccy - isnt she a clever mum?


Bye then....

No comments:

Post a Comment