Thursday 19 May 2011

Day 43

Its so exciting - today I actually had freedom to roam!! I was taken from my box and let loose on the dining room floor for a couple of hours - and what did I do? Made my way over to the corner of the room and hide behind the water tray!!! What a plonker....

Luckily mum was soon on the case and moved me back into the room - then let the Tawny owl join me - I was determined to be the boss - I thought right mate, you set one talon out of place and I'll have you.....

But he was so well behaved - he went to mum for tickles, then dad for tickles - and even went over to the dogs teddy looking for tickles - what a creep!!!

Then when he wasnt looking I started to creep up on him and the teddy....and before he knew it I was there - face to face - he moved - I moved - teddy disappeared!!!!
I'll say this for Gizmo - he's a tough cookie - he wasnt in the least worried by me - even when I moved closer
And closer....

And closer still....
So as much as I wanted to be the BOSS - I guess I will just keep quiet and leave him be - for the time being anyway!!!

After having a fuss up myself from both mum and dad I did the walk about thing and was so suprised to run into what I can only describe as a huge fat fluffy worm laid near the door - I tried to climb on it but it just rolled and I slipped - I tried to peck it but it just laid there!
Imagine the embarrassment when mum chuckled and mentioned to dad I was trying to attack the draught excluder - well I ask you - who in their right mind uses a draught excluder in May?? Weird..... will I ever live it down I wonder...if I keep quiet about it maybe everyone else will forget!! I can only hope.

So here are a couple of not so good snaps of my freedom in the dining room.


And my last piece of exciting news - dad put on his big falconry glove and encouraged me to climb onto it - I wasnt sure at first - if you saw the glove the fingers look so big I was a tad concerned my talons wouldnt be able to grip and I may fall - not that I actually have a fear of falling I must add!!!

But hey he was patient and I managed it - he held my jessies and even took me out in the street for a wander around - oh it did feel good - just cant wait to do it again - and the best news was when dad said to mum I should be flying within the next day or two - so they really do take an interest in me and my progress after all - I really am a lucky Polly!

I have been losing a little weight every day - das not concerned abiout it - Im still eating but again not as much daily as I used to - guess I am just priming myself for that fantastic first real flight......

No comments:

Post a Comment