Tuesday 17 May 2011

Day 42

Well I am well and truely bored - bored - bored!!!

I live in a huge plasic box - I see people wandering about day and night - most of the time they look in and say hello and give me a stroke and fuss up - but still I am BORED!!!

Dont really know what can be done to help a bored barn owl - after all, what do barn owls do all their lives - they sit on the block, watching the world go by, and getting the occasional tickle or fly about!!!

So I did what prisoners tend to do when they get bored - I trashed my box!!! You cant get too good a view from mums photos but all she kept saying was Polly what a mess you have made - thats not very nice of you!!! Am I bov vered????? Its as easy to clear away the paper I shredded as it is the paper in sheets - isnt it?



Vicky and Layton came to day and at least Vicky showed someinterest - she carried my box up to mum craft room then so carefully lifted me out the box and onto her hand - she asked mum to take some photos with her phone and just as she went to put me down I squeezed my talons round her hand as hard as I could - she really wasnt happy - in fact I think I may have seen a tear forming - I know its naughty but then I am sooo BORED!!!!

Once mum managed to get me off Vicky's hand, Vicky told me off saying I wasnt been very nice and that I had made her hand bleed - I guess her hand was my first real kill!!! Oh it feel so good - I tried and I won!!!!

Layton wasnt taking chances - he may be very young but I think he knows me as well as I know myself - he touches my head but only when I am pre-occupied with other things....I did hear mum telling him she really did need to be looking out for him a falconry glove of his own.....yeah right!

Not got stats again today - as mum isnt doing too well dad is having to work even harder to care for her as well as see to all the animals, the house work, shopping etc so I guess he can be forgiven for lapsing now and again - and its not all his fault - mum could just as easy keep a tally of food and weigh me at any time through the day or night!!!

So I will leave you for today with one last photo - I know the news today was thin on the ground and for that I am sorry - I will aim for a more exciting event filled day tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment