Friday 20 May 2011

Day 45

Look at me - out in the big wide world all on my own!!! Ok so its a bit of an exageration on my part - I wasnt really all on my own, mum was actually cleaning the inside of the disco and dad was taking photo's of me....but if I had wanted to, I could have just took flight and been away....which I did do eventually - I made my way straight to .... wait for it .... the front door!!!

We had visitors today so I was in and out the box as was Gizmo, its great getting that freedom now - when I was small I always felt super safe in the box but now I'm grown up I want to do my own thing....I love to sit on the edge of my box - that Gizmo manages to sit still on the edge for ages whereas I tend to slip off - I do try to make it look like I meant to slip though - cant do with losing face to a Tawny Owl!!!

When mum announced she was going to make a start on the huge job of cleaning the inside of the new car I saw her gathering all manner of stuff which dad then took out to her - but I was sooo suprised when dad came back, put his glove on and came for me!

We stood outside watching what was going on in the street then I decided I wanted to help mum....so made my way inside the car.... got on the steering wheel, slipped and went THROUGH the steering wheel - mind you it made for excellent photos dont you think??




Then dad suggested mum take some photos of my from the front of the car - they didnt come out too good but hey it looks for all the world like I am driving dont you think???


In the end mum shood dad and me off as she had done a great job on the deep cleaning - and there was me, every time I moved I shed the downy fluff thats now almost gone altogether, and us owls are well known for the whote powdery substance that is present on our feathers to aid preening!!!

Dad did get these last few photos before we moved off though....



I really do think today was one of my best days so far - I love the great outdoors - and more so when its spent close to mum and dad - NO DOGS or TAWNY OWLS stealing my limelight!!!

Dad did go to catch my jessies when he had me back on the glove but as they are only training ones they were so short he couldnt get a good grip hence my flying off to the front door - he told mum he will get me so grown up anklets and jessies made and fitted on Tuesday - something new for me to look forward to!!!

Much the same as the last 4 or 5 days with the stats Im afraid - dad forgot to weigh me before my first feed of the day so he doesnt then bother cos it wouldnt be a true weight - as for food, today I have had 5 chicks -yummy!!

I cant wait to see what tomorrow brings for me - but dont you worry folks - you will see and hear all about my day again tomorrow evening....

Bye.....

No comments:

Post a Comment