Sunday 8 May 2011

Day 33

Its bath time!!! Take a look at this - not too closely though - a girl does has some pride you know - even us girly Barn owls!!! Cannot believe the room in here - I can walk about, spread my wings - its great fun!!



So, my day started out like all the rest really as in downstairs, on the scales, weight registered, then breakfast time!!! And what a yummy breakfast too... Then its usually time to clean out the box so dad pops me into a freezing cold stainless steel DOG DISH of all things - if only he knew how cold it is on my delicate little feet he would soon look for something more suitable - MEN - I suppose its what we females expect isnt it?
Anyway, image my suprise this morning when he got out this huge washing up bowl and popped me in there - WOW - its heavenly!!! I looked this way, that way, up there - in fact I just wanted to nosey and show off all the time I was in there - and they say Barn Owls dont like water...yeah right!!

Oh heck I've been found out!!! THANKS MUM! Here I am really playing this up and she goes and gets a piccy at a different angle which shows NO WATER....maybe next time I will try just a drop or two....maybe not.

Then this evening dad took me out onto the gravel out front - oh how uncomfortable that felt to start with - the wind was blowing and I could see all my down blowing away - STOP - I will get my death of cold if I lose it all surely??? Did he take any notice - nah - so I just had to walk to shelter which I found along side this huge black plastic thing with dirty wheels - only when I heard young voices behind me did I find it was called a wheelie bin....

If nothing else at least you see the beautiful wing feathers coming through, and the pretty disc facial feature is quite clear too!

As I mentioned, I heard young voices - all with the oohhsss and ahhss, how pretty can I touch, can I stroke, can I hold....I've heard it said before that all kids are the same in its all Can I have? I want!!!

A young girl really took a liking to me and asked so nicely that dad passed me over so he could get a photo - I can tell you I didnt feel happy in her little hands - and those nails scared me half to death, I breathed a huge sigh of relief when the camera clicked and dad took me back to my box....adventure over!!!
So to end the day - here are the daily stats!
I weighed 14 5/8oz and have eaten 5 chicks and 1 mouse
See you next time round......
Polly x

No comments:

Post a Comment