Sunday 22 May 2011

Day 46

A woman's work is never done - or so the saying goes - and it seems that way in our house too!!

Time to get up this morning so my box was taken into the kitchen, scales came out - lid off the box and it was Good Morning Polly!!!

So as I tend to do now I can, I bounced my way up onto the box side and waited patiently.....and waited.... and waited.....

Whats the problem I wondered, everything seemed normal enough, so I hopped down and all became clear - I had to work for my food!!!

Take a look at the photo's and tell me how unfair it is! I'd heard slave labour went out years ago - not in this house it seems!!!!

So here I am with a washing up bowl full of hot soapy water - a blue scourer at the ready - surely not???

PHEW! I was wrong - dad did the washing up after all! But I was partly right as I did have to work for my food all day long....

Up until today my food was cut up into pieces and I was fed one piece at a time  - but today dad gave me a full mouse and it was up to me to eat it the best way I could, it meant using my talons to hold it and tear when needed - but hey I did it!!!

So all the food that followed through the day - which today was chicks were given to me whole - and I did cope with them although it didn't easy I have to say, in fact at times it took me a fair time to get through the food

Tonight dad chopped up my last feed of the day - I guess he just needed to know I had eaten everything before the lid went on the box and lights went out....

So now I am all grown up, I've lost all the downy fluff, I can jump to the edge of the box and then out the box, I have been on the glove and coped well....

Although not graceful yet, I am flying a short distance, I make my way to wherever mum and dad are - even upstairs!!! And lastly I am feeding and fending for myself.....

See you next time with another fascinating days events!

No comments:

Post a Comment